How To Handle and Maintain a USB Digital Microscope
A USB Digital Microscope is a portable gadget which lets the user turn his laptop into a traveling laboratory. It comes with a software which lets the user do the editing of the images he has photographed – from microimaging to color adjustment. The still images and the video are uploaded to a monitor making it easier for the audience to see the specimen.
Because the USB Digital Microscope can take picture and capture live full motion, scientists, researchers, students and microscopy hobbyists all use this. In fact, there are some filmmakers who have this in order to have a closer and more magnified look of something they are shooting.
USB Digital Microscopes are used in other applications like teaching in schools and universities and research studies for hospitals and clinics. Whenever these facilities need proof, ie image capture of a study being conducted, teachers and scientists turn to USB Digital Microscopes.
The USB Digital Microscope is so easy to handle. It is also amazing because it is like a camera-videocam-microscope all in one. It is perfect for science, engineering, dermatology, hobbies and collection, law enforcement and entertainment. Anything you wish to use it for, it’s possible. Allow your imagination to go wild.
But don’t get too excited. Just like any of your possessions, a USB Digital Microscope must be extremely taken care of. The handling and the maintenance of such contraption is quite important. Remember the cliché that a microscope is an investment? The same goes out to USB Digital Microscope because just like what its name suggests, it is also a microscope.
1. Do not disassemble to microscope because it may result to electric shock to the person or permanent damage to the contraption.
2. Let the halogen bulbs cool down a bit before touching it with your bare hands. Halogen bulbs can become really hot and may burn your skin once touched.
3. In order to avoid electric shock (for your benefit) or damage (to the instrument), unplug the USB Digital Microscope before even replacing the parts.
4. You should only use the parts that have been suggested by the product dealers. If you are going to do something to the product yourself, consult with someone who knows a lot about the USB Digital Cameras before you do so.
Carrying the USB Digital Microscope
1. Always support the base with both your hands.
Cleaning the USB Digital Microscope 1. Dust should be removed with a soft brush. Better yet, if you have access to it, use pressurized air.
2. Clean off the smudges such as fingerprints and oil remnants from the lenses using a clean lens paper or soft clean cloth that has been moistened with a mixture of ether and alcohol. If you do not have access to this, you can resort to isopropyl alcohol.
3. Clean the USB Digital Microscope using a soft, moist cloth with a wee amount of detergent.
4. Make sure that the working temperature is 32 degree to 104 degree Fahrenheit and has a relative humidity of 85% and a
5. The only time you can use water is when the surface is made of plastic. Do not use solvents such as paint thinner.
6. Remember to dry the surface after manually cleaning the USB Digital Microscope. The final wipe should be done with a soft moist cloth.
Storing the USB Digital Microscope
1. Remember to cover the contraption with dust cover when you are not using it.
2. Store it somewhere dry. If you will be storing it in somewhere moist and humid, store it inside a waterproof container that has a drying agent.
3. Never touch the optical lenses with your bare fingers.
4. Do not store the USB Digital Microscope under direct sunlight because it affects the quality of the imaging.
A good quality USB Digital Microscope may be really expensive but you must regard it as some investment which you can benefit from in the long run. If you have extra cash and are a microscopy hobbyist, then this is the cool and perfect gadget for you. We assure you that it will be worth your every penny.
Imagine the high quality images that you will capture using this. Think of how easy it is for you to display these images on your monitor and show it to your target audience.